The key to my marketing plan is the daily contacts I make to prospective buyers and top agents in town. “Passive Marketing,” like open houses, is not nearly as effective as physically contacting potential buyers or their agents and convincing them to look at your home. “Active Marketing” makes the difference and 6 days a week you can count on me to promote your home to buyers!
The Marketing That All Agents Do: Passive Approach
- Put digital lock box on property.
- Order ‘For Sale’ sign to be installed in front yard.
- Put listing online in MLS.
- Wait for buyers or agents to call.
The Marketing That I Do Above And Beyond The Basics: Active Approach
- Put listing on MLS and use IDX technology to submit photos, Realtor.com, Zillow.com and Trulia.com, as well as over 350 other real estate websites.
- Take professional marketing photos of the home and prepare photo flyers.
- Monitor all showings through the digital lock box, call each agent after the showing requesting feedback and sharing that feed back with you as soon as possible.
- Call all agents who have recently viewed homes similar to yours and see if they are still looking.
- I will call you regularly with buyer feedback, updates in marketing conditions and details of what we are doing to market your home. (Fridays)
- Email network groups.
- Send target mailers to prospective buyers for your home.
- Implement online social media plan to make your home go viral.
- Promote home at SCV network meetings- the best agents from the best companies in town! (Tuesdays)
- Promote home with photos to RE/MAX agents via email.
- Contact prospective buyers everyday (directly), ask them when they plan on moving, and tell them about your home.
- Contact every qualified buyer in our database to show them your home.
- Email you a “CMA” on marketing activity – new listings and sales, changes in the market places and other suggestions for getting top dollar.
- Continue the above points weekly until an offer is written.
- Pre-Qualify any prospective buyers. We will not open escrow until the motivation, down payment, credit scores and ability to close are all checked.
- Negotiate on your behalf and open escrow!
- Handle all negotiations, inspections and disclosures in escrow until the closing.
- Staging consultation available where needed.
- Deliver your check at closing.
Once in escrow, Lindsay Gonyea is your point of contact. She will coordinate everything with the escrow officer (arrange termite, physical and appraisal inspections, order title insurance, check escrow instructions, etc.). All you need to do is fill out your disclosures, sign escrow instructions/grant deed and tell us how and where you want your proceeds delivered.